By now, there is a good chance you've done a lot of research into the conversion side of things with our well established Jabiru range. If you're not across the range we offer 3 layouts in 2 different lengths in either 2WD or All Wheel Drive, so PLENTY of choice... Take a look at our comparison function if you'd like to delve a little deeper!
But what about the vehicle? You spend a lot of time on the road driving so it's important features match your needs, driving expectations and budget as we have plenty on offer - Fiat Ducato, Volkswagen Crafter Volkswagen Transporter and Mercedes-Benz Sprinter. Over the next little while, we'll show you through the driving packages/features and have a team on standby to work through your questions.
The Jabiru's Mercedes-Benz Sprinter
The top spec 3.0L 140kW V6 turbo diesel as standard
Engine Torque: 440nM
7G-TRONIC Plus (automatic)
Drive: Rear wheel drive (also available with selectable AWD and on demand high range gearing)
What we liked: the power of engine, smooth gear changes and how easy the controls on the steering wheel made it to check trip details, change music or switch to a navigating view. It uses a "home-like button" similar to your phone, with a swiping action to scroll through options.
Standard Mercedes Features
- Active brake assist - helps to support you in preventing an accident. If there is risk of a collision, a warning is triggered. Then, if the driver brakes, they are supported if needed, with more braking pressure. If the driver doesn’t respond, automatic emergency braking is activated
- Crosswind assist - strong crosswinds can make driving dangerous. Crosswind Assist detects when a crosswind has affected your driving line, and corrects the course of your vehicle1, reducing the chance of you moving into another lane or off the road.
- Active lane keeping assist - can detect if you're straying from your lane. The technology warns you by vibrating the steering wheel, and if necessary, applying the brakes to help bring you safely back into your lane
- Driver fatigue monitoring - can increase road safety by helping to prevent microsleep on long journeys and at night. The system visually and audibly warns drivers if it identifies typical signs of fatigue or erratic driving behaviour and suggests taking a break.
- Blind spot assist - supports drivers on multi-lane roads. In addition to a head-check, the system provides additional assurance with visual and audible warning signals that helps identify an unseen vehicles in the blind spot
- Auto Headlights - let the vehicle do the work and gauge when light is low enough to activate headlights
- MBUX touch screen infotainment system with navigation, CarPlay, Android Auto and ‘Hey Mercedes’ conversational voice control
- Keyless start - engine turned on simply by pressing the brake & start/stop button. Benefit: no fumbling around for your key
Additional Features in TRAKKA Package
- Comfort front swivel seats - utilises whole front cab, incorporating it into your living space for camping
- 360-degree camera and Parking Pack - more than just a reversing camera, these four cameras and sensors will give you a surrounding view of the vehicle from up above and audible warnings. This will assist parking in tight spots or great for slow speed, steep inclines/declines when heading off road.
- Upgrade to 10.25 inch infotainment screen - we want the driving experience to be as close to your passenger car as possible. This large touch screen will make sure navigation, selecting apps or your favourite music is easy to see when driving.
- Electronic parking brake - ideal for swivel seats, the park brake is operated simply by a switch. No yanking on a brake lever.
- Fog lights - improving vision with more spread light in those not so clear days or moving from day into night driving.
- Curtain airbags - extra side protection in the unlikely event of an accident
- Rain sensor windscreen wipers - again ideal for those average weather driving days, vehicle will automatically sense when there is water dropping on the windscreen to activate wipers & Wet Wiper System, which sprays water all along the wiper blade.
- Adaptive Highbeam Assist - sensors automatically switch the low beam on and off depending on the light conditions (helpful for driving into tunnels, underpasses or indoor car parks)
- Chrome trimmed radiator grille - its a premium vehicle, not just a commercial van, a little bling goes a long way.
- Smartphone tray with wireless charging - hidden in a storage spot above the entertainment unit, charging the phone on the go is a must when you have hours of music playing or navigating with phone maps.
Optional vehicle features
- Electric sliding door - using the key, button on the dash or a slight pull of the side door handle with open the sliding side door electrically and with ease. Due to the height and size of Sprinter having this auto function makes life easy when you have an arm full of gear and will keep your whiz-bang whingers at bay!
- Distronic - detects the changing pace of the traffic in front and adapts your speed - great for driving on the freeway or in stop/start traffic. Combine with Active Brake Assist, which brakes automatically in an emergency for added safety
- Metallic paint
What about Off Road?
*Various safety systems and features included in Mercedes-Benz vehicles are driver assistance aids only and the driver at all times remains solely responsible for maintaining proper control of the vehicle, ensuring safety and monitoring the driving environment and complying with all applicable road rules.